Monday, October 10, 2005
Stories Like This Keep Me Half-Assed
For the better part of the past ten years, the good Reverend has strickly adherededed to an ovo-lacto-pecto vegetarian diet, or as he likes to refer to it, a half-assed vegetarian diet. This just means that his vegeterianism has extended to include eggs, dairy, and fish. From here on out he'll be switching to first person.

Over those years I've often been asked, "For what reason, sir, have you chosen such a drastic step in diet? Are you concerned with the well being of our fellow Earth creatures? Will you not eat anything with a face?"

And my response is often some variation of this, "My problem is not with the killing of the animal, though it would take a pretty unusual circumstance for me to ever consider killing a cow, or some such wily beast. God gave me K9's and a couple of eyes facing the front. There is little doubt that I am of a predatory species. What I'm not, however, is a science experiment. I am not to be used as some sort of "on-the-fly" Guinea Pig, while the cattle industry tests out their latest growth hormone cocktail. Not to mention the conditions in which these animals are raised. It's revolting. I wouldn't handle most of the materials contained within these places, let alone put something produced from these facilities in my own person. Now, if I lived on a ranch or something, where I had access to a steady supply of "quality" meat, I'd have no problem with it (to be honest I miss French Dip sandwiches), but as it is, that’s not the case.”

Here is the article.
posted by MindSquash the Brain Worm @ 8:11 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Terror Alert Level

Free Blogger Templates BLOGGER Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

 
  • HonestDissent.com
  • Archives
    Quickity Clicks
    Key US Docs
    Blogs on Politics
    Alternative News
    Newswires & Such
    Classic News
    Classic News (reg req'd)
    International News
    Pollsters / Research


    Kinda-copyright 2005 & 2006, HonestDissent.com
    Please feel free to use, abuse, twist, or tweak any of the content
    found on this site for any purpose whatsoever without my
    explicit permission unless it is otherwise specified.